This is a mixtape Richey Edwards made for some journalist in 1989.

'Red Sleeping Beauty' and 'Frans Hals' by McCarthy
'Union City Blue' by Blondie
The Jam's 'Away From The Numbers'
'Ghost of a Young Man' by the Jasmine Minks
the Wolfhounds' 'Rain Stops Play' <-- I can't find this one :[
'Remote Control' by The Clash
Subways Sect's 'Nobody's Scared'
'At Home He's A Tourist' by the Gang of Four
'Josef's Gone' by the June Brides
He also enjoyed:
Echo & The Bunnymen
Guns n Roses (especially "Nightrain")
Public Enemy (especially "Fight The Power")
The Clash
Hanoi Rocks (especially "Don't you ever leave me")
The Sex Pistols
Red House Painters
Magazine
Skid Row
Anthrax
Nirvana
Duran Duran
Some songs
"Primitive painters" by Felt <-- I know I'd heard this before. Maybe Esteban raved about it in a post about duets, bc it's got the singer from Cocteau Twins, I think.
"Non-Stop to Nowhere" by Faster Pussycat
"100%" by Sonic Youth (Yay, I knew this one & liked it too)
"Rearview Mirror" by Pearl Jam
"My Generation" by The Who (Well, I was familiar with it too but I never especially liked)
Desert island discs
Never Mind the Bollocks - Sex Pistols
The Clash, London Calling - The Clash
True Blue - The Faces
Exile on Main Street, pre-Altamont singles - The Rolling Stones
My Generation - The Who
A Nation of Millions, Fear of a Black Planet - Public Enemy
Shake Yer Money Maker - The Black Crowes
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
Misty Mountain Hop - Led Zeppelin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Hanoi Rocks
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Download the mixtape Track 6 is missing bc I haven't gotten a hold of it yet.
Richey reviews the singles – Smash Hits mag
Richey picks his 10 most influential songs
Red House Painters were soooo good. I remember when I heard about Richey liking them too, it put a smile on my face!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know he liked Felt's Primitive Painters. That song is really nice and the band is amaaaazin'!