Monday, December 14, 2009

They read all the books but they can't find the answers

So I downloaded No such thing by John Mayer, which was one of my fav songs during the summer before I started Uni. Can’t remember how I 1st got to know it, never having heard one of his albums. In fact, the only other song I heard by him was “Your body is a wonderland”. Also, I know nothing about him except for the fact that he’s really tall, is dating (dated?) Jennifer Aniston. & once I saw a disturbing pic of him in a fluorescent crotch sling-thing on ONTD. Anyways, I liked the lyrics to this song for example

I wanna run through the halls of my high school
I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
Just a lie you've got to rise above

I just can't wait til my 10 year reunion
I'm gonna bust down the double doors
And when I stand on these tables before you
You will know what all this time was for


It's a very soft song & I like his voice (it's also...soft). I went to Canada in like Jan/Feb of that year & distinctly remember ice skating along the Rideau Canal with this song in my head, thinking I’d soon enter “the real world” since I’d finished high school & was gonna start University etc. Um… “I just can’t wait till my 10 year reunion”…I can’t believe I graduated 7 years ago, omg. I feel almost the same as I did then, though. & it feels like yesterday. I don’t like how fast time goes by : [ This time/years stuff reminds me of that Bob Dylan lyric that says "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

Around that time I also really liked Maroon 5 : P I still like "This love"...am gonna download it. That band totally reminds me of my 1st years @ Uni. Also, I remember listening to "The Floor" by Rooney during the bus ride on my very 1st day. A couple of months later I saw The Breeders in concert & then I discovered Cibo Matto. Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment