One was spraypainted on the street outside her house. It said “A veces pienso que lo mejor de mi vida está en mis sueños -JS”, which means “Sometimes I think the best things in my life are in my dreams”. I said I liked it & a friend said it was cliché/tacky/something like that. Maybe. But I am full of cliché & tackiness, so it’s not a surprise that I would like it : P I wonder who JS is & how long it was before someone removed the phrase from the pavement. I took a photo out the window but they hadn’t finished writing yet. & only now, a week later, did I realize that whoever wrote it was probably fucked up bc look @ this

I find it kinda cool that I didn’t notice that the word “mejor” was unnecessarily repeated. I just saw the phrase the way it was supposed to be. I literally says “Sometimes I think the best part of best my life is”…FAIL, haha.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one
- “Imagine”, John Lennon
The other was on a gift given to Cali by Jonah of Spring Lizard. As far as I saw/recall, it’s a very old fashioned telegram. & it reads “Feliz como hoy siempre”, which means “Happy like today always”.
I’ve felt that many times. But it’s more like “(I wanna be) Happy like now always”. Young always. I’ve felt it while sitting in cafés (*) or walking around with pals in the summertime, but mostly during epic evenings also with friends, sharing drinks, dancing, going to parties, concerts. Car or taxi rides to far away, unknown parts of the city, sometimes in the company of cute boys. Laughter, photos, etc.
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
- “Everlong”, Foo Fighters
Yeah…times like that, I just think/feel “I wish I always felt this way, that time would freeze here, that we could always be young & everything could stay this fun/gr8/etc”. It’s a nice feeling, I think but also sad. Bc that’s not how it is.
(*) The 1st time I recall hacing this distinct experience was a Friday in late 2003, drinking red wine @ El Gato Negro with María Lanata. Then we walked along Av. Corrientes before going to her house. Later that night Pool & I went to see Austral, a local indie group that played britishpop, @ El Especial.
No comments:
Post a Comment