Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Roses are red & you fuck up my head (Nature names, Baby-Sitters Club, Mountain Dew etc)



I had been meaning 2 post about the song "Don't give up" by Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush. Then I saw it on Romo's FB. Well, SHE ended up inspiring this post. What I wanted 2 say was that once I saw a letter from some girl 2 my brother (*) from the 80s & it had these lyrics. Um...WIN?

Kate Bush 2 me is

- Luciana bc she loves, especially the song "Wuthering heights" (& the book obvs)... ♪ Heathcliff, it's me Cathyyy lalala ♪ ...In the last year of Uni we made a literary magazine with Silvia ("Pop Silvia", Babasónicos), Adolfo & Male & we included these lyrics, & this photo. IT WAS MY IDEA :D
- Daniel Johns bc when Diorama came out everyone said he was doing falsettos à la Kate Bush especially on songs like "Tuna in the brine" (♪ busking for change & changing everything, feeble fables aren't changing anything ♪ ...that part is totally KATE BUSH PLZ)

& Peter Gabriel isss

- "Sledgehammer", no idea why but I fucking love this song, I think of it as una canción de la vida. I saw the video (it has bees, doesn't it?) one day on Muchmusic in 2000, the heat was on & I had been listening to "I turn to you" by XTINA AGUILERA :D Or recently seen the video or something...but she's in that memory.
- "Big time" was playing during the remis to Paco's bday @ Merozza's house in October 2005. Happy times, & I think I was aware of it @ the time, which makes it even better. I was with Jaz, Flor & Jose. I'd also seen the video 4 this @ some point...maybe even @ Flor's?
- My cousin Sebastián Escofet bc he always said Peter Gabriel was gr8

FUX, I NEED 2 FALL ASLEEP. If I could zzz more normally it would save me SOoOoO MUCH TROUBLE UGH. 12 hours l8r & I still feel like I'm gonna hurl...not cool.

Nature names

- Kate BUSH
- Kate MOSS
- Brandon FLOWERS of The Killers
- RIVERS Cuomo of Weezer =W=
- RIVER Phoenix
- LEAVES Cuomo I only know Rivers has a brother called Leaves bc of Raf

More

- RAiN is a name I'd give a kid of mine if I had offspring but I ain't gonna procrate.
- DAWN was the blonde Californian in the Baby-Sitters Club series Brigid & I were rabid fans of in our childhood. We read 'em all, I tell you. Dawm was a vegetarian, ecologist a health nut. In Spanish dawn is Alba, which is also a name. We had a music teacher in Primary school called Alba or Albita.
- ROCÍO is a semi-popular name in Spanish it means Dew. Yep, like Mountain Dew. My friend Rocha/Roxy from school, a Rocío from the other class who was my neighbor (we'd take the bus together, I went over once to help her with Math or Physics. Me & numbers? WHAT A JOKE). & I can't hear the name without thinking of Rocío Guirao Diaz a local media-friendly model
- MARiE-OCÉANE is a girl I met in Paris who is from Brazil/France. Pretty name, isn't it? Pretty girl, too : ) Like a mermaid. The name help, obvs.
- ROSE from LOST, Ruby Rose the hot lesbian from Australian MTV (I read somewhere she pashed Samantha Downie from Aus NTM...um, that's hot), Rrose selavy
- DAiSY De La Hoya (Rock of Love, Daisy of Love, OMG I LOVE HER...but she was so much prettier on RoL), Daisy Fuentes (90s MTV VJ & wife of LUIS MIGUEL lolZ), Daisy Dukes

- "Behind the bushes", The Knife
- "Leaf house", Animal Collective; "Todas las hojas son del viento", Spinetta
- "Flowers", Cibo Matto (1st song heard by them, I was enraptured); "Las Flores", Café Tacuba
- "Two Rivers", Meat Puppets
- "Rain stops play", Wolfhounds (Richeyyy song)
- "William's last words", Manic Street Preachers (♪ Isn't it looovely, when the dawn brings the dew I'll be watching over you...♪ O HAi NiCKY WiRE)
- "Oceania", "The Ocean", Led Zeppelin; Bjork; "For the ocean", Finger 11
- "Daisy Dukes", Rooney
- "A Rose For Emily", The Zombies; The Stone Roses; "A rose that needs some water", Rufus Wainright (but it's probably a cover right?); "Prairie rose", Roxy music (OMG, canción feliz si las hay); "English rose", The Jam; Guns n roses

(*) not the one I talk about most often, the other brother who I see much less of bc he has small children so it's hard 4 him 2 travel. & I haven't been 2 the US in a long time, so. Anyways he's cool, he's an Architect, like in the MSP song :) & Architecture in Helsinki. & he let me take me his Happy Mondays & Lamb albums...so, that's win.

No comments:

Post a Comment