Last night I dreamt about being in NYC & hanging out with a girl that was a combination of my friends Maggie & Mori. She also happened to be the daughter of Chris Robinson. If you haven't heard of him through his band The Black Crowes, you may know he was married to Kate Hudson (Penny Lane from "Almost Famous") & fathered their bb.
When my friend introduced us, I couldn’t avoid saying how much I loved the songs “P 25 London” (♫ There's a hornets nest in my head someone save me...saaave meee ♫) & “Wiser time”. He said the latter had been written during a deep bout of sadness. I could see that. Because sometimes I am very clumsy, I proceeded to knock over one of Mr Robinson’s guitars. EPIC FAIL.
The albums “The southern harmony & musical companion”, “Amorica” & “Shake your money maker” totally take me back to 2005-2006. Also I cannot think of this band without Paco (La compañía sureña y armonía musical) coming to mind. & that once Ezequiel posted the cover of Amorica on his fotolog. I also really like the song “Remedy”.
Anyways, my friend lived in an Upper East Side Gossip Girl-style apartment. It somehow had like, an indoor tennis court. & we were gonna get drunk on her dad's expensive whiskey & coke. Then my other friend Jacin appeared with CHOCOLATE COOKIES. Whiskey + coke + sweets...my favorite X_X
We were talking about the DSN, the last Art of Living course I took (in real life) with both Maggie & Mori. Martin & Micha too. It was full of M, as you can see. & Bawa & Dinesh via Skype from the Bangalore Ashram. Dinesh is a hottie BTW (although pictures do him no justice), all the girls had a crush on him. His facial bone structure is to die for. He & Swamiji must be the most attractive people in the entire AOL.
ANYWAYS! In the dream I was gonna go partying w/ my friend...Maggie &/or Mori. But I think it was more Maggie, bc I remember the fact that her name was Maggie May like the Rod Stewart song, although she was physically Mori @ one point, & her tiny computer. After drinking whiskey & coke, we were gonna go partying in this city that was New York... &/or a bit of Berlin. Fux, I wish I could go back to Berlin, those were good times.
In another part of the dream, I was @ a recording studio with my cousin Sebastian Escofet & somehow was simultaneously listening to his music, the Spice Girls, the Manic Street Preachers, the Lion King OST & I dunno what else, all on different tracks in one room, & he was in another. & I was on the phone with Jacin, I think. There was also this British band called The Red Hot Spiders who just wanted to do music about animals, or for animated films, about animals. OOOK.
Some songs from these times
- “Noone loves me & neither do I”, Them crooked vultures
- “Gallery piece”, Of Montreal (rediscovered it)
- “Dead martyrs”, Manic Street Preachers
- “Lost souls”, Guru feat. Jay Kay from Jamiroquai (thx 2 my new friend Nacho)
- “Sonhei que viajava com você”, Cassia Eller (thx Mary Fields)
- “Mary”, Supergrass
- “Jealous again (cover)”, The Black Crowes
Albums:
- Mirah: You think it's like this but really it's like this (thx Olivia)
- Brian Eno: Before & After Science
- Suarez (legends of the Argentine indie scene of the 90s): Horrible, Galope, Hora de no ver, Excursiones
- The mix CDs Eliot made 4 me
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
There's a hornets nest in my head someone save me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aguante las spice!
ReplyDelete