Another thing I love about the internet/ Tumblr/ Pages you can Like on FB is that you find all this stuff about everyday life & learn it’s part of 1000 other ppl’s everyday lives, too. & maybe you thought it was just you. An example of this is the Fuck Yea Meme, based on when a small awesome something happens (such as you arriving to the bus stop & the bus pulling up a second later), you think/ feel FUCK YEA. Example:

BTW I realize this is in complete contrast with the post I did whining about other people not understanding. But both realities coexist. Lately I think see this as one of the FACTS OF LIFE. That whatever exists, the opposite exists too & is just as true. This makes it really hard to generalize. & to think, sometimes. It’s as though lately I can’t think in terms of affirmations without immediately contradicting myself. It’s a bit maddening. At the same time, it’s like the more I understand (myself, others, life), the more confused I get...
Anyways another thing ppl do is make screencaps from films or series with English subtitles while funny/ epic/ totally true things are being said.

Then there are the animated GIFs that also often come from movies or TV shows. Sometimes the captions are included in the actual GIF, other they are added in plain text by whoever is posting/ reblogging. Occasionally the captions are references to songs or films, in that case they will only make sense to those who can pick up on said reference. Animals are often the subjects of all this stuff I’m talking about. But here's a GIF of makeup artist Sutan from America's next top model dancing.

Recently something that makes me giggle a lot is “LIKE A BOSS”. I suppose it refers to when you say or do something epic &/or with an “I win at life” attitude. The expression could be working its way into modern talking... see, there’s a YouTube video ppl are calling Koala eating apple like a boss. Some research revealed it comes from a Saturday Night Live skit with Andy Samberg. I recently saw a post on Tumblr that said “REBLOG IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN IPHONE OR BLACKBERRY” followed by the LIKE A BOSS animated GIF from television. The post had been reblogged (on Tumblr you can see how many users have reposted a post) by 17,253 people. INCLUDING ME : )
No comments:
Post a Comment