Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Culture Sluts: Andy Warhol & MSP

Yeah, maybe it’s just that I’m obsessed w/ the Manic Street Preachers. But @ the Andy Warhol exhibit, I saw sooo many things that reminded me of them.

Self-portraits in drag, photos of drag queens --] song “Born a girl”



Liza Minnelli/Judy Garland portraits --] Richey looked a lot like this @ 1 point. Namely the hair & eyebrows. See one, two, three, four, five : P



Marilyn Monroe portraits --] No one fucks as good as Marilyn, lyrics from the song “So Dead”



Cow wallpaper representing the masses --] song “Masses against the classes”



Marlon Brando photo where he’s looking like James Dean --] song “Marlon JD”



Film “Blow job” --] I’m a slut & you just suck, lyrics from the song “So Dead”



Photos of protests against racial discrimination --] song “IfwhiteAmericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart”



Lenin portrait --] Mr Lenin awaken the boy, lyrics from the song “Revol”



“Sex is an illusion. The most exciting thing about sex is not doing it”, -Andy Warhol quote --] Richey’s apathy towards sex

Edie Sedgwick --] Richey dug Kate Moss & Vanessa Paradis. Edie would be his type of gal, no?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Manics related Warhol art
    and the insights/homages into their songs.
    I love all the quotes and homages in their
    song lyrics and album sleeves.
    Btw I'm obsessed with Brando and Dean
    and I love Marlon JD :)
    Nicely put together and
    you've got a lovely interesting blog.
    <3

    ReplyDelete