
Mosta my favorite gym songs have things in common. They’re upbeat, contain electronic elements, make you (or just me) wanna dance like crazy. Often they’ve got a chorus of little kid voices. I wonder what the technical name 4 that is. The 1st distinct example that comes 2 mind is
“D.A.N.C.E”, Justice. 1st heard @ a party where Esteban was DJing. I was hooked after hearing it once. I had to have that song! A couple of days l8r we spoke & I described it in hopes he could tell me what it was, but I thought it was a lost cause. Lucky for me, it wasn’t! When I mentioned the chorus of little kid voices, he said he knew which track I was talking about. Voilà how I discovered the awesomeness that is JUSTICE.
Then we’ve got...
“Baby”, PNAU. I felt the same way about this song as I did about DANCE, in fact it totally reminds me of it. Except it was brought to my attention by a mix CD from Richie. I listened 2 it nonstop 4 a long time, especially @ the gym but also while getting ready b4 going out. It's sooo catchy. Ehhh-ohhh-ehhh-ohhh-ehhh.
“Cheap & Cheerful (SebastiAn Remix)”, The Kills. Dunno what 2 say about this except it makes me WANT 2 PARTY HARD & DANCE DANCE DANCE. Ezequiel sent it 2 me. Dig the lyrix: I want you to be crazy ‘cause you’re boring baby when you’re straight
“Ce jeu (Twelves remix)”, Yelle. Also from a Richie CD, folder titled "Disco shit". Ugh I love this song. Her voice, the lyrics, everything. Yelle is apparently rly big among the fotologgers here. I had never heard her stuff. In fact I haven’t heard anything else by her, not even the original version of this song. But this track is enough 2 make her WIN in my book.
“One crazy diva”, EZ Rollers. Drum n bass @ it’s finest. Discovered it after asking Flavia, a regular @ +160 -Bs As' classic Tuesday Drum n Bass parties-, what artists of this genre I should download & she suggested EZ Rollers. They have an album called Weekend World...thumbs up.
“Fa fa fa”, Datarock. Can’t remember how I found this. But I saw them live @ the BUE festival (or was it the Personal fest?) back in 2007 w/ Richie. We arrived @ the tent where they were playing just in time 4 this song. They were all wearing red Adidas tracksuits like Ben Stiller & his offspring in the Royal Tenenbaums. When the chorus said “I need a FIX” they’d hold up signs that said “FIX” & such.
“Intensify”, !!!. A number by the super cool band complete with little kid singing. I’m still lamenting having missed their late 2008 gigs in Buenos Aires. FAIL.
“Faster kill pussycat”, Paul Oakenfold feat Brittany Murphy. RIP beautiful Brittany Murphy : ( Did you know she could sing? I didn’t until I heard this via Villa Diamante’s fotolog.
Other faves I am too lazy 2 write about @ the moment (maybe in the future!) include...
“Point of view”, DB Boulevard
“Muder on the dancefloor”, Sophie Ellis Bextor
“Shifter”, Timo Maas
“It’s the beat”, Simian Mobile Disco
“Starchild”, Jamiroquai
Daft Punk: SO MANY. 2 name a few: Harder better faster stronger, Robot rock, Crescendolls, Oh yeah
“She’s my man”, Scissor Sisters
“Do it better”, the Happy Mondays
“Alala”, Cansei De Ser Sexy
“Le rock summer”, Rinôçerôse
“Ping pong”, Stereolab
“Mohammed is Jesus”, Deep Dish
“She wants to move”, NERD
“Toxic”, Britney Spears
“Notorious”, Duran Duran
“Dança do zumbi”, Bonde do Role
“Inspired”, Satoshi Tomie
“Daft punk is playing @ my house”, LCD Soundsystem
No comments:
Post a Comment