Saturday, February 6, 2010

Violence of summer & Tirador Laser


Estaba pensando en dejar de luchar
Y en el sol me puse a soñar

"Sershy espiritual", Tirador Láser

My fav song off the album Tropas de Bronce, along w/ "Travesia" which is in English. This photo has always reminded me of it, along with "Violence of summer" by Duran Duran. Now also "Die in the summertime" by Manic Street Preachers. & the line Gimme endless summer which is from a Robbie Williams tune.

Once I had a user on my Soulseek list called HersheyEspiritual. Awesome. Had to be bc of this song. If I remember correctly, Ezequiel said Sershy was a roadie for the band or something. I guess he was ~spiritual~.

Back in 2004, I interviewed Lucas Marti (ex Tirador frontman, now a solo artist), on behalf a magazine I was working 4 @ the time. I thought he was a st0ne f0x so I was like : D the whole time. He found it weird that I was smiling so much (I was like "ORLY? Y?" & continued to grin with what in Argentina we call a "happy birthday face", I love that expression btw) & that I'd never had a boyfriend. @ the time, I didn't have the brilliant answer: BUT MUSIC! IS MY BOYFRIEND. It was gr8 interviewing him though, my fav outta all the ones I did 4 the Quilmes rock festival. Also, I'd never seen them live so he put me + 1 on the guestlist 4 their upcoming show @ Kika. I went with Irana & that night, we passed ~The Test~ for the 1st time...

Tirador broke up in December of that year. I happened 2 see their last show with Cali. After Kika, I wanted to see them again so bad. They announced one Friday AM in the Suplemento Sí that in the evening would be their last gig but I guess they'd said that b4...so ppl didn't know if they were being srs. So it was a small thing @ CC Borges. I remember Lucas wore yellow pants & it was super awesome & epic. So yeah, now Lucas has a solo career, so does Migue Garcia who used to be the keyboardist & who automatically wins in my book bc he loves cats & has a white angora called Blanca, but I admittedly have yet to become rly familiarized with his music. I've seen Lucas live a couple of times w/ Cali & Ezequiel. He's got good stage presence, imo. I love his lyrics, both from Tirador & afterwards. They're soOoO emotional (like me, duh). Hello, he's got a song called "Dolor + miedo" (Pain + fear)...I could write a post about them. Maybe I will, eventually. Btw that's my friend Lucy in the photo, & it was taken by her friend Ro. Both of them are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment