The boy I Liked/Loved/Lusted after/etc the most ever in my whole Life…I lent him my favorite book (“Hopscotch” by Julio Cortazar) 5 years ago & the douche never returned it, although a couple of times he pretended he would. It had the best parts underlined, too. Luckily I’m a huge nerd & had previously transcribed those parts on2 a Word file & also remembered some of them by heart. I recall emailing that file 2 my friend from Uni, Consu B. Anyways there’s also “The Outsiders” movie (1983) directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze & Tom Waits. Ezequiel & I have talked about it.
Moving right along. “Marlon JD” was one the 1st song I loved from the last Manic Street Preachers album. I read somewhere that the track had been remixed by New Young Pony Club. So I downloaded the mp3…& HATED IT. Like, I wish it wouldn’t exist. Truthfully, I’m not such a huge fan of remixes in general. The entire last MSP album has been remixed & maybe I didn’t listen enough but as far as I recall, I didn’t like anything. Although I ABSOLUTELY ADORE that the mix of “This Joke Sport Severed” has the subtitle “Patrick Wolf’s Love Letter For Richey”. THAT’S HOT.
“Marlon JD” is a kind of dark (not sure if this is the right word…what do u think, Manixfans?) song so I imagined NYPC would be a kinda dark (again, not sure about the word) band. I don’t mean goth or metal, I dunno what I mean. But after hearing the band… their sound plus their name made me think of a bunch of hot hipsters, club kids in bright clothes. Kinda like Cansei de ser sexy. Then I Googled a photo of them &

OH LOOK, THEY’RE A BUNCH OF HOT HIPSTERS. So far my favorite song from “The Optimist” is “Dolls”.
♪ I’m sick of all the running around we’re doing in this town
I thought I had a brain I don’t seem to have one ♪
A while ago I was wondering “BUT Y DID THEY REMIX MARLON JD? IT’S SoOoO NOT THEIR ~ STYLE~!” but maybe they just liked it…I sure do. Other artists who remixed the last MSP album: Underworld, The Horrors, St Etienne, British Sea Power
No comments:
Post a Comment