
This is from like 2001, I think.
- As far as I know, it was the 1st time I heard the Manic Street Preachers but the song didn't catch my attention @ all. Neither did any of their songs that I heard until 7 years later.
- As far as I know, also the 1st time I heard Suede, but I didn't register the song either. Although 3 later I heard "Trash" @ a party & immediately asked "OMG, WHAT GROUP? I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH!" & it was my fav song 4 a long time.
- Maybe also the 1st time I ever heard Pulp. Didn't like, thought "Boring, yawn".
Nowadays I love all three bands.
Conclusion: Amy is a visionary & knew my musical taste b4 I did.
She is awesome in spite of being worse @ replying 2 emails than I have become.
JK. O HAI AMY!!! ; )
Dana is, I think, the only other person who's made me a mixtape. She also sent it 2 my house.
Actually Luke made me one as well, but it isn't in my posession yet : P
I made one 4 Daniel Johns (of silverchair) & mailed it. One side had songs & the other had me talking. Like Special Agent Dale Cooper on Twin Peaks would record voice letters. That was around the time of this tape from Amy.
Poor Daniel Johns...it was probably kind of creepy. I didn't get any reply then, but I did the next year, after sending a package. So if the tape had creeped him out, he got over it. Otherwise I wouldn't have heard back. It was one of the happiest moments of my life : ) But that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment