Anyways a song I recently rediscovered: “Tas de tôle” by Stereo Total. It’s in French. I had no idea what it was about since I’d never paid attention 2 the lyrics. I just knew there were a bunch of insults. The line “SALAUD, MERDEUX, COMMUNISTE” particularly stuck in my head. But the other day I actually read them. On the band website it says the song “was written to illustrate Godard's movie «Weekend»: Chaos on the Autobahn. Car accidents, blood, people screaming and insulting each other...”
A fav part
* - Mon pare-choc est foutu, je te tue
Je sors de ma bagnole, on va voir si tu rigoles encore
Et je vais te foutre sur la gueule
Ton tas de tôle, ton tas de ferraille
- Hey, n'insulte pas ma bagnole, Connard !
- Ta tire, ton tape-cul
Espèce de cocu, Je t'emmerde
- Salaud, merdeux, communiste!
- Petit voyou, tu veux une claque ?
They say stuff like "My bumper is fucked, I'll kill you, hey asshole don't insult my car, I'm getting out now, we'll see if you're still laughing" etc. Then I remembered “Mashing on the motorway” by DJ Shadow, also about fighting while driving.
* See like you I push the bucket
I like to burn big
Like you I've gotta cut all the bullshit out of my life to live
So I tell them move over, this road ain't big enough for you
* So much hostility...
Y'all just keep checking your rear windows
Maybe you'll catch me passing...Mashed
DJ Shadow was recommended by my cousin Sebastian Escofet, who has introduced me 2 a lot of good artists. Last night I saw him & his brother Federico playing live as Mussa Phelps & it was FULL OF ~WIN~. I was like OMGzZz!!!11 : D : D : D
Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I saw The What The Fucks, who are friends with my friend Martin. Their lyrics are so LOL. Check "Planta de faso y lima". & you can download all the Mussa Phelps stuff but I'm currently digging the most recent release, "Now Here...Nowhere" esp the songs "Rhythm" & "Bring the summer".
Another related tune I thought of was “Road rage” by Catatonia, obviously. Probably their biggest hit although not among my favs. I don’t drive & have no desire 2 learn, 4 the moment. 4 one, I think that 2 drive in a huge city like Buenos Aires you need huge balls. Driving just seems like such a big thing, responsibility, etc. I can’t believe that in the USA, kids drive @ 16. SIXTEEN! So young! The idea of 16 year old me behind the wheel = disaster. Hell, the idea of me driving TODAY = also a disaster : P On another note I don’t find it would be very practical @ all given my lifestyle. I’m just fine taking the bus, or a cab when necessary (but walking is my #1 choice : ) You don’t have 2 worry about finding a place 2 leave your car, paying expensive fees @ parking lots, running the risk of an accident if you’re sleepy/ distracted/ in a bad mood/ trashed. Not 2 mention all the maintenance costs. Etc etc etc.
Anyways, I have work 2 do…so I end this with a pic of Tegan, one of the poor unfortunate souls who I have unlimited cellphone credit with & therefore receives a intermittent plethora of sms messages from me on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment