
Word has been out for a while now, but…THE PIXIES ARE COMING 2 BUENOS AIRES, OMFG! They’re one of my fav bands. I love Kim Deal. I’ve been lucky enough 2 see her live w/ The Breeders twice already : ) But this is a post about THE PiXiES. I remember asking Raf about them when I was 15 or 16, probably having heard their name on the official Silverchair forum, which is where a lot of my early musical education took place. Along with the Ataris. Probably bc their names sounded alike, I grouped them together. I asked Raf about the Pixies & the Ataris. He said Pixies > Ataris. Don’t remember the 1st song I heard, but I loved them immediately. I think Debaser was my favorite song from the start. I don’t know what it is about that song, but it just does something to me. It gives me that feeling, you know? I even wrote the word on my wall & had Louise make me a tshirt which says it across the chest, in blue letters, the way it appears in the music video (*).
Their songs are so catchy. I have so many memories with so many of them. “Wave of mutilation” playing @ Mechi’s birthday in 2004. Singing “Monkey gone to heaven” with Sean on my last night in Boston right after New Year’s Eve 2005. Singing “Where is my mind” at the hotel in Bariloche. There was also a club there called Q-White…& I would sing “Into the white” when we went. I think “Winterlong” may have been the 1st song I heard. There’s “Allison”, their shortest & maybe cutest song. ♪ When the planet hit the sun I saw the face of Allison ♪ I put that one on a mix CD I made for a boy once. He ended up being kind of douchebaggy 2 me, but O WELL. “Levitate me” reminds me of Irana. Elevator lady. & HM too, cause once he had ♪ Come on pilgrim, you know he loves you ♪ as his Away message on ICQ. Missy Aggravation (from "Gouge Away") is Melissa P. “Gigantic” reminds me of the Dragon sisters, Cali & Viktor. “Ed is dead” reminds me of Viktor (ED HA MUERTO), "Break my body" of Cali. “Mr Grieves” of Paco, bc Frank Black sings Paco Pico Piedra @ the beginning. I love Kim Deal’s voice, she sounds so girlish…that song where in the beginning she says “There were rumors he was into field hockey players…& it was so hush hush”. Was it "Tony's theme"?
“Dig for fire”… ♪ You can often find her, kneeling inside of her hole ♪ “Head on” reminds me of Esteban. “Bam thwok” reminds me of Nyssa. & the boy I liked most in my life (& who never liked me back INTENSELY TRAGIC), the one I dreamt about on my bday. We talked about the Pixies sometimes in real life… Anyways, I sent him that song when it came out. Bc it’s the song they recorded in 2004 when they got back together & did a reunion tour. He liked.
Other songs by The Pixies that I enjoy…
- “Stormy weather”
- “Palace of the brine”
- “Subbacultcha”
- “The Navajo Know”
- “Hey” reminded me of that boy at one point.
- “La La Love” also reminds me of Irana
- “Nimrod’s son”
- "Planet of sound"
(*) Thanks to that tshirt, one night @ the Roxy, I met Esteban & it was really exciting bc back then, I didn’t know many ppl off the internet who liked the same music I did. I was like OMG U LIKE SUCH & SUCH BAND AS WELL? & U WERE ALSO @ THIS/THAT CONCERT? NO WAY, OMGZ!!!111
Their songs are so catchy. I have so many memories with so many of them. “Wave of mutilation” playing @ Mechi’s birthday in 2004. Singing “Monkey gone to heaven” with Sean on my last night in Boston right after New Year’s Eve 2005. Singing “Where is my mind” at the hotel in Bariloche. There was also a club there called Q-White…& I would sing “Into the white” when we went. I think “Winterlong” may have been the 1st song I heard. There’s “Allison”, their shortest & maybe cutest song. ♪ When the planet hit the sun I saw the face of Allison ♪ I put that one on a mix CD I made for a boy once. He ended up being kind of douchebaggy 2 me, but O WELL. “Levitate me” reminds me of Irana. Elevator lady. & HM too, cause once he had ♪ Come on pilgrim, you know he loves you ♪ as his Away message on ICQ. Missy Aggravation (from "Gouge Away") is Melissa P. “Gigantic” reminds me of the Dragon sisters, Cali & Viktor. “Ed is dead” reminds me of Viktor (ED HA MUERTO), "Break my body" of Cali. “Mr Grieves” of Paco, bc Frank Black sings Paco Pico Piedra @ the beginning. I love Kim Deal’s voice, she sounds so girlish…that song where in the beginning she says “There were rumors he was into field hockey players…& it was so hush hush”. Was it "Tony's theme"?
“Dig for fire”… ♪ You can often find her, kneeling inside of her hole ♪ “Head on” reminds me of Esteban. “Bam thwok” reminds me of Nyssa. & the boy I liked most in my life (& who never liked me back INTENSELY TRAGIC), the one I dreamt about on my bday. We talked about the Pixies sometimes in real life… Anyways, I sent him that song when it came out. Bc it’s the song they recorded in 2004 when they got back together & did a reunion tour. He liked.
Other songs by The Pixies that I enjoy…
- “Stormy weather”
- “Palace of the brine”
- “Subbacultcha”
- “The Navajo Know”
- “Hey” reminded me of that boy at one point.
- “La La Love” also reminds me of Irana
- “Nimrod’s son”
- "Planet of sound"
(*) Thanks to that tshirt, one night @ the Roxy, I met Esteban & it was really exciting bc back then, I didn’t know many ppl off the internet who liked the same music I did. I was like OMG U LIKE SUCH & SUCH BAND AS WELL? & U WERE ALSO @ THIS/THAT CONCERT? NO WAY, OMGZ!!!111
No comments:
Post a Comment