One of the magic things about music, in my opinion, is when you really like or love a song without even knowing what it's about. You just dig, & it gives you THAT special feeling, etc. Then, after days weeks months or even longer, you read the lyrics & find they're totally relevant to you & your life, in general or during the current moment.
"Torra fy Ngwallt yn hir" by the Super Furries & "Dyle Fi" by Gorky's are in Welsh, so I had no way of knowing what they're about. But tonight I learnt "Torra fy Ngwallt yn hir" means "Cut my hair long" & found this very amusing bc I'm always telling boys not to cut their hair UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Seriously. I have never seen a successful haircut on a boy before. EVER. It always looks bad. Perhaps I'm a little biased considering my weakness for long-haired dudes, but oh well.
Last night my cousin Feco said he needed to cut his hair bc it was getting too long & I was like "NO". Then I dreamt my friend Martin had trimmed his. I just told him & he said that in real life, he'd come close to doing it this afternoon. OoOOoO.
♪ Darlin' don't you go & cut your hair... ♪
- "Cut your hair", Pavement
I also dreamt I was in Berlin having a drink w/ Frau Viktor Dragon (my friend Cali's sister, who is living in BLN) & Jarvis Cocker. Later on the S-Bahn with my kitty while it snowed outside. There were also hearses, fire, tigers & more.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment