Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hay algo en vos que nunca muere

For the past few days, I've kept hearing this voice in my head over & over again. It says: "Hay algo en vos que nunca muere (There's something in you that never dies)". Not everyone believes this, of course...but I do. The voice belongs to an instructor from the Art of Living. They give course where you learn breathing techniques, yoga, meditation, relaxation. I've always been into that stuff. I've taken many courses there & I have favorite teachers. The voice I keep hearing does not belong to one of them, so I wonder why it stuck...

The band N.E.R.D...did you know that's an acronym for "No one ever really dies"? I love.

When I was 8 or 9, a film called "Little Buddha" came out. It's about a monk who travels to the US in search of his dead teacher & believes to find him reincarnated in a blonde haired little boy. Think baby Anakin Skywalker. That's probably where I learnt what reincarnation was. I had my mom take me to see it twice.

Yesterday I was talking with a guy who is also into spirituality. Moreso than me. He heard that the state you're in when you die matters somehow. As in mental state, emotional state. & that every time you go to sleep it's like a death & then waking up is like a rebirth (LOL LIKE THE NAME OF THE EVANGELION MOVIE "DEATH & REBIRTH"). Anyways the point was that it's good to fall asleep feeling serene & calm. I also thought to myself that going to bed feeling all nice & peaceful could be a precaution in case you die in your sleep. Like..once I heard someone say that they never parted ways with anyone while on bad terms (ex: you argued with a friend, want to tell them to fuck off & you want to leave immediately)...because...what if you never saw them again? I can't say I live by this principle, but it's one way of going about things...

Well...something really nice is happening in my life, something that seemed impossible. I still can't believe it. This afternoon I lay down to take a nap, & I had all the aforementioned stuff on my mind. I thought "What if I die in my sleep?" Thank god I'm not a hypochondriac or paranoid about dying...maybe even I'm the opposite, ha. But sometimes it happens, you know. Young people dying randomly. Like Brittany Murphy or Romina Yan. & you know...I felt that if I did die in my sleep, it would be ok. Because I would be departing...in peace? It was so weird. I have a LONG way to go before reaching inner peace...like most people. But I felt it. I had never felt that before. It was so nice.

This was one of my favorite songs during High School. Although I was a hell of a lot further from inner peace than I am now.

& if i die today
i'll be the happy phantom
and i'll go chasin'
the nuns out in the yard
& i'll run naked
through the streets without my mask on
and i will never need
umbrellas in the rain
i'll wake up in
strawberry fields every day
& the atrocities of school
i can forgive
the HAPPY phantom
has no right to bitch

woo hoo the time is getting closer
woo hoo to be a ghost
woo hoo every day we're getting closer
the sun is getting dim
will we pay for who we been

so if i die today
i'll be the happy phantom
& i'll go wearin'
my naughties like a jewel
they'll be my ticket
to the universal opera
there's judy garland
taking buddha by the hand
& then these seven little men
get up to dance
they say confucius
does his crossword with a pen
i'm still the angel
to a girl who hates to sin

woo hoo the time is getting closer
woo hoo to be a ghost
woo hoo every day we're getting closer
the sun is getting dim
will i pay? for who i been

or will i see you dear
& wish i could come back
you found a girl
that you could truly love again
will you still call for me
when she falls asleep
or do we soon forget the things
we cannot see?

- "Happy Phantom", Tori Amos




PS: It was impossible to write this entry without also hearing the classic line ♫ To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die ♫ from "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.

Also
- "Little ghost", White Stripes
- "Miranda, that ghost just isn't holy anymore", The Mars Volta
- "To repel ghosts", Manic St Preachers
- Ghostland Observatory
- "Spirit they've gone, spirit they've vanished", Animal collective
- "The spirit is near", Devendra Banhart

No comments:

Post a Comment