Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"One Love" by The Stone Roses

Usually when I’m walking or riding the bus with my iPod, I’ve got it on Song Shuffle. I think that when walking down the street while listening to music, I experience some of the nicest feelings in all the day. Often I get ideas, I’m reminded of people, images, happy occasions. I experience enjoyment, enthusiasm, “Everything’s gonna be ok”, etc. If that sensation lasted longer, life would be better...

On Facebook you can “Like” a page (or join a group?) called something like “Feeling like you’re in a music video while walking down the street”. Ha, that happens sometimes! Maybe it was the idea behind the video for The Verve’s “Bittersweet symphony”. I bet many people have recalled this video while walking down crowded city streets.



By the way I dig coming across stuff like this...finding out that 100000 other people do/feel the same thing. Example: the page called “Pretending to send text messages in awkward situations”. There are less serious ones for example “That awkward moment when you & Lady Gaga show up to a party wearing the same outfit”. Or “I hate it when I want to look back in anger but Oasis won’t let me”. In case you don’t understand this, Oasis has a hit song called “Don’t look back in anger” : D

Today I was walking down the street with my iPod & “One love” by the Stone Roses came on. BTW The Stone Roses give me a SEVERE case of That Faraway Feeling. Anyways, I remembered how the last time I went to Bahrein (a club downtown) , I took a cellphone pic of the inside of a bathroom stall where this was written.



Sometimes I take photos of things I see on the street on the street. Who doesn’t though, right? Certain bits of street art, graffiti, signs, random writing, etc...they catch my attention. The same occurrs with people’s tshirts. I have a collection of photos of tshirts.

I think my favorite thing I’ve seen on the street was some writing that said “A veces pienso que lo mejor de la vida esta en mis sueños” which means “Sometimes I think the best part of life is in my dreams”. Read about that here. That phrase stayed in my head for so long.

It totally reminds me of “Judy & the dream of horses” by Belle & Sebastian. I’ve been hearing a line from that in my head a lot lately: Judy never felt so good except when she was sleeping. They played it, you know... In November, during the encore of their show @ Luna Park. I couldn’t believe it. I really like that song...

No comments:

Post a Comment