Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My former friend who's now undercover

Follow up to this February 1st post made in memory of Richey Edwards on the 15th anniversary of his vanishing.

Sean asked if I thought he was still alive, to which I replied: He jolly well could be. Perhaps I’m overestimating the lad but I like 2 think that if there was someone smart enough 2 pull off an ideal disappearance, it would have been him. In fact it's said he was obsessed with the topic in the weeks before leaving. Hernan, who commented after you, says a book was found in one of his drawers called "How to disappear". Some British psychic/clairvoyant who apparently helped Scotland yard solve a lot of criminal cases for years also put out a book saying he was pretty sure he was someplace like Goa (where one of the sightings took place) living a monastic existence, that perhaps he didn't even remember his previous life & that he most definitely did not want to be found. I dunno about this, but...I'd say I keep an open mind. What would you think?



Also, a few weeks ago there was a FB trend where you “Go to urbandictionary.com and look up your first name. Copy this in your status and what Urban Dictionary says about your name in the first comment”. Well, I looked up Richey & it said

One who has disappeared, usually pissing off/upsetting others in the process. "Whoo, man, after that freak accident at Glastonbury I decided to pull a richey to save myself the embarrassment."

Ooh!!! I wonder if a Manixfan wrote that. Looked up Richard as well

A very common male name. many sexy guys are named Richard. and FYI they don't like being called Dick.

HELL YES, Richards. A few: Richard Hell, Richard Ashcroft, Richard Alpert : P I know 3 Ricardos in real life too & think they’re awesome. Pretty sure it's not a coincidence. I’m actually elaborating a post on attraction (not just physical, though) to people with certain names. Birthdays too.

& the other day I was in a group of people & this dude said his dad was Jewish & an architect. Then this woman goes “Your dad is a butcher?” I thought to myself… WHAT!!! Bc the first line of one of my fav Manic Street Preachers song is “I am an architect, they call me a butcher” : ) But…it happened…4real. I don’t know how, as the words sound nothing alike in Spanish (arquitecto, carnicero) but…haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment