Thursday, March 25, 2010

I could be... (Sombras y Jueves Jodido)

Both of these me hacen doler el esternón, as Paco would say. That means they make my sternum hurt, & it's a good thing. I think only music can do it. I've been meaning to write about this feeling. Among sooo much other stuff.

"Shadows" is one of my fav tunes everrr by Rufus Wainwright, from my fav album of his: "Poses" (his 2nd). I read somewhere that the song has a funky feel, but I wouldn't know since I'm shit when it comes 2 classifications. This is also one of my fav Rufus pix.

"Las sombras han ganado" is one of my 2 fav tracks from Banda de Turistas' debut "Mágico corazón radiofónico". A young (very young, like super early 20s) indie sensation, they were the next big thing in 2008 or so. Their 2nd album came out last year but I prefer the 1st.

On another note, my Thursday was Full of Fail. Jueves Jodido. I felt kinda "Tuna in the brine" by Silverchair. But essentially I need to cut the "Just" by Radiohead crap ASAP. It's, like, soOoOo passé.

Oh wait, I had this dream where I got on the 95 bus. MM (who is really pretty & has nice, long hair) was there & she got offended bc I didn't say hello. Then she patted me on the head & was like "I intimidate you, don't I? Awww, that's so cute". Then AR was on the bus too & I thought "O FUX" bc I used 2 like him but nowadays he's pretty annoying & unfriendly 2 run in2. I guess seeing him made me nervous bc I dropped this cardboard box I was holding. The dream also involved a swamp, Pool, Cande Muro & a birthday. Today was Silvana Moreno's btw XD HAPPY HAPPY!!!

Who will keep
Keep me in this evening
Even though
They are not here with me

I could be a great star
Still I'm far from happy


Finally
Feel the world around me

Fighting through
Fighting through the whiskey

Out of these shadows
Comes the light
Shadows comes the light

You will keep
Keep me in this evening
Even though
You are not here with me

I could be...
- "Shadows", Rufus Wainwright



Con el despertar amargo
vuelvo a sentir el piso
siempre busqué el aire
y nunca encontré
a nadie


Dada tu inquietud amable
pensé en algo brillante:
que puedas ser rentable
y que nadie te acompañe
hasta mí

Tanto tiempo ahí sentado
pensando que podría estar
pasando

Mejor me hubiese dedicado
a las sombras o a al
ganado
Y el ganado preferí
- "Las sombras han ganado", Banda de Turistas

No comments:

Post a Comment